If you are that tourist who wishes to be a traveler, then we have an experience for you. Our Cave and Monolithic Experience aims at taking you back in time to experience a glimpse of life in our city around the 1st Century BC and still be well within the boundaries of Modern City Comforts.
The Experience is designed to give you that Indiana Jones Experience through Local Transportation or is adapted to your needed comfort of a private vehicle, whilst still being within the surburb limits of Mumbai.
We will explore the Buddhist era Caves, lost to encroachment and much neglect in today’s times and understand a life that once thrived in this city.
We will also get a chance to take a stoll in the neighbourhood to meet with locals and have discussions on how life has changed over the years with local and foreign conquests, all leaving their mark on the city.
Then we will take a journey to visit Gilbert Hill, the only of three pre-historic volcanic monolithic rocks existing in the world [other two being in the USA] and will climb up the 200 meter formation to get a glimpse of both the Airport as well as the sea in a short distance. We will pay respect to the local Goddess whose temple adorns the top before we head back to the hotel.
The duration of the tour can be considered as Full or Half Day depending on the location of your hotel or the point of meeting and ending the tour.
What is included in the tour
- Bottles of Water
- Local refreshments
- Cultural Souvenir
- Local Transportation
- Local Masala Chai
- My Services
- Cultural Souvenir
What is NOT included in the tour
- Outsourced vehicle ADVISED FOR LARGE GROUPS above 4people if with children and 2 people if adults ONLY – To book as an add on package, you can send an enquiry
- Personal Shopping
- Personal Donations
- Meet you at the Ramada Plaza Palm Grove at 8am
- Take a local Rickshaw to the Andheri Railway Station.
- Delve into the local slum communities and trek up to the Monolithic Structure
- Trek up Gilbert Hill and have a vantage view of the city and the sea as well as the airport.
- Take a Rickshaw ride to the Joeshwari Caves hidden under a slum
- Explore the 2nd Century Buddhist Carved Caves hidden in Modern Bombay
- Walk through the neighbourhood and understand life in a slum of Mumbai where 62% of the populace lives
- Get some amazing photo opportunities
- Head back to the hotel via train / rickshaw.
- End of Tour.